457 Visa Health Insurance

Subclass 457 Skilled Temporary Work Visas: The Facts

The 457 Temporary Skilled Work Visa allows skilled workers to travel to Australia and work in an approved occupation for an approved business/sponsor for up to four years.

To qualify for this visa, you must be sponsored by an approved business and have the required skills to fill a position nominated by this business, which must be an approved occupation.

The business can only sponsor you for this visa if they can’t find an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia to do the skilled work1.

You may be able to include your spouse, de facto partner and dependent children on your visa.



Health Insurance Requirement

You must maintain health insurance that meets the relevant requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection while on a Skilled Temporary Work Visa.

Allianz Global Assistance offers an OVHC policy ideal for 457 Visa holders that gives you access to a range of benefits to help you stay healthy2, including:

  • In-hospital medical treatment
  • Prescription medicines
  • Emergency ambulance transport and more

You can choose from two levels of cover to suit your needs:
Budget Visitors – Hospital Only and Visitors Plus2.

1Talk to your immigration consultant and visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website for more information. We also have a new website with more Subclass 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) visa information. 

2Read the OVHC Policy Document for full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions.

Make a Claim

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

Please upgrade today!